Terms and Conditions
Northern Star – Win a Double Pass to Dreamland
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent New South Wales residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have permission from a parent/legal guardian to enter.
- Contestants should be available to attend the performance outlined in Clause 15.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Northern Star Ltd, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
ABN 43 000 011 174. Permit NSW/LTPM/16/00778.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Northern Star on November 15, 2016.
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full and placed in an envelope addressed to Northern Star – Win a Double Pass to Dreamland; then:
- Send to: PO Box 423, Lismore NSW 2480, NSW 2480; or
- Deliver to: Media Centre, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, there is only one prize.
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (refer Clause 19).
- While entry is free, the cost of delivery or postage of entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- There will be one (1) winner chosen by random draw. The winner will receive:
- One (1) Double Pass to Dreamland, performing at the Eureka Hall, Tuesday November 29, 2016.
- Recommended retail value $74.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The winner must collect their prize letter from the contestant’s closest Northern Star office no later than 4:00pm Monday November 28, 2016 for the prize to remain valid.
- The prize letter is valid for the Dreamland performance only and cannot be used for any other performance.
- If the winner does not wish to claim their prize, they must tell us in writing (i.e. Email) so that the prize can be redrawn and awarded to another valid contestant.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $74.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or sold and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 00.01am (AEDT) Tuesday November 15, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm (AEDT) Thursday November 24, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at the Northern Star office, Media Centre, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah, NSW 2480 at 12:05pm (AEDT) December 5, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner identify and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Prizes must be collected by the date specified in Clause 14 to avoid having the prize redrawn.
- If the prize remains uncollected by Monday November 28, 2016 at 4:00pm AEDT, the prize will be drawn immediately and a new winner contacted as per these terms and conditions and contacted immediately to collect their prize prior to the performance date to remain valid.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
31. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
32. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
34. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
36. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.