Terms and Conditions
Northern Star – Nitro Circus Extreme Giveaway
- By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of New South Wales to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of the Northern Star newspaper to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Northern Star Ltd, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah, New South Wales 2480. ABN: 43 000 011 174. Authorised under NSW Permit LTPM/16/00778.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the original entry form published in the Northern Star newspaper each Saturday between February 4, 2017 and April 15, 2017.
Contestants must also collect 6 tokens, published Monday to Friday between February 6, 2017 and April 19, 2017.
- Contestants must collect one (1) original entry form and six (6) original tokens to form one valid entry.
- The Entry form and the tokens must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form with 6 tokens attached must be completed in full, placed in an envelope and addressed to Northern Star – Nitro Circus Extreme Giveaway; then:
- Send to: Northern Star, PO Box 423, Lismore, NSW 2480; or
- Deliver to: Northern Star, Media Centre, 2/793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 19).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, any contestant can only win one prize.
- While entry is free, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with posting or delivering entries.
14. Winners aged under 18 must be accompanied by an adult to collect their prize. Winners must collect their prize by 4:00pm April 24, 2017 or prizes will be forfeited.
- One (1) contestant will win the major prize. The major prize winner will receive:
- A VIP experience for four (4) people to the Retro Circus Lounge, RRP $985.00 (incl. of GST);
- Nitro is being held at Oakes Oval, Lismore on April 25, 2017.
- Includes food and drinks.
- Meet and greet with the Nitro Crew and some Nitro Stars; plus
- After party tickets.
- Total maximum retail value of the major prize is $985.00 (incl. of GST).
50 contestants will win the following prize:
- 1 of 50 General Admission Double Passes (2 people) to Nitro Circus Live, RRP $138.00 each (incl. of GST);
Total maximum retail value of the Double Passes is $6,900.00 (incl. of GST)
Five (5) contestants will win the following prize:
- 1 of 5 Nitro Circus Merchandise Packs, RRP $250.00 each (incl. of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of the merchandise packs is $1,250.00 (incl. of GST).
Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $9,135.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday February 4, 2017 and closes at 5:00pm AEDT Wednesday April 19, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draw at the Northern Star office, 2/793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah on Thursday April 20, 2017 at 10:00am and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Northern Star on Friday April 21, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person by the winner from the Northern Star office and Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years, must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- The prize must be collected by the time and date shown at Clause 14 to avoid forfeiture of prizes.
- The winner is solely responsible for collecting their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
32. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
33. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.