Terms and Conditions: The Northern Star “Win a $5 Scratchie with the Weekend Crossword”
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must complete the Weekly Crossword and the entry coupon published in the Weekend Star on Saturday May 16, 2015. The Weekly Crossword and entry coupon must be original newsprint. Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted. Once the Weekly Crossword is complete, cut out the Weekly Crossword and attach the completed entry coupon, and place in an envelope marked: The Northern Star - Win a $5 Scratchie with the Weekly Crossword, with your full name and address clearly marked on the back and then return the completed entry form by:
- Sending to: PO Box 423, Lismore, NSW, 2480 (so it is received before the closure date/time); or
- Delivering to: the Media Centre, 2/793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One original entry per envelope.
- There is one (1) $5 dollar Scratchie ticket to be won for the first correct Weekly Crossword entry drawn.
- The total maximum value of the prize for this competition is $5 (inclusive of GST).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Saturday May 16, 2015 and closes at 12:00pm on Thursday May 21, 2015 (closure date/time). Entries received after the closure date/time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants must be 18 years or over to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: Entries will be drawn at random until an entry with a correctly completed crossword is chosen. The draw will commence at 12.05pm on Thursday May 21, 2015 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Northern Star Weekend Crossword page on Saturday May 23, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required.
An acknowledgement from the winner that they have read the Terms and Conditions and a Release Form must be signed and dated by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms.
In the event that a winner is unable to collect their prize, an authorised signatory appointed by the winner can collect the prize on the winner’s behalf, providing they can produce written permission from the winner. This must be provided to the promoter along with the completed Release Form before a prize can be released.
All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Northern Star Ltd
ACN 000 011 174