Terms and Conditions: The Northern Star – Win a Double Pass to Norpa “Railway Wonderland”
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must complete the entry form published in the Northern Star on October 13, 2015.
All entry forms must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Place the completed entry form in an envelope, addressed to Northern Star – Win a Double Pass to Norpa “Railway Wonderland”; then
- Send to: PO Box 423, Lismore, NSW, 2480 (so it is received before the closing date/time); or
- Deliver to: the Media Centre, 2/793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480;
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
- One (1) Double Pass to: Norpa “Railway Wonderland”, at the Lismore Train Station on Monday October 26, 2015, retail value $98.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- Winners must collect their prize letters no later than 4:00pm October 26, 2015 for the tickets to remain valid.
- The total maximum retail value of the prizes for this competition is $98.00 (inclusive of GST).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize became unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 12:00am (AEDT) Tuesday October 13, 2015 and closes at 12:00pm (AEDT) on Monday October 19, 2015 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian permission to enter this competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(I) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: Winners will be selected by random draw at the Northern Star office at 12:05pm (AEDT) on Monday October 19, 2015 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Northern Star public notices on Tuesday October 20, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required. Any Winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
All prizes (when specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Northern Star Ltd ACN 000 011 174 Permit: NSW/LTPM/15/00761