Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 



Work to begin on deadly highway intersection

Work to begin on deadly highway intersection

A merging lane will be extended as part of the safety upgrades

'Disgust' over dirt, mould at Ballina KFC store

'Disgust' over dirt, mould at Ballina KFC store

Fast food chain promises to "urgently resolve the issue"

Where to see the Super Hornets flying over for Anzac Day

Where to see the Super Hornets flying over for Anzac Day

Watch the Air Force pilots in action

Local Partners