Top ten things to do this week
1. The Drowsy Chaperone: Bangalow Theatre Company has announced two additional and final performances of its first-ever major production, The Drowsy Chaperone, this weekend. The Tony Award-winning musical comedy will grace the stage of the Bangalow A&I Hall for a final performance today Friday from 7.30pm and a special matinee performance on Sunday at 2pm . $25.
2. Tweed Regional Gallery Christmas Market: Handcrafted pieces by local designers, artists and crafters. Presented by the Friends of the Tweed Regional Gallery. At the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre, 2 Mistral Road, Murwillumbah, Saturday from 10am .
3. The Eagels Band, Dinner & Show: The Eagels Band is an accurate tribute to Southern California's most famous musical group, The Eagles. One of the most successful bands of the seventies, The Eagles enjoyed massive worldwide success and conquered the world. Formed by six talented musicians, The Eagels Band is intent on delivering a near replica of a live Eagles performance precise and intense. At the Ballina RSL Club, 240 River St, Ballina, Saturday, dinner from 7.30pm and show at 8pm. $54.90.
4. Motorcycle Toy Run: The 34th Annual North Coast Charity Motorcycle Toy Run will ride from Ballina to Lismore this year. Breakfast will commence at 8am at the Ballina Seagulls Leagues Club with the ride starting at 10am. The run will end at Harold Frederick's Car park this Sunday. Families welcome. $5 adults.
5. The Lismore Kart Club Racing Day: The Lismore Kart Club is holding their final racing day on Sunday at the kart track, Lismore Showgrounds, North Lismore. Racing starts at 9am and is free to spectators. You can find more information about the kart club at www.lismorekartclub.com.
6. Life Drawing at Serpentine: The night consists of two hours of life drawing with a 30 minute break. Table space and some easels are available. Please bring your own paper and drawing utensils (and easel if you want to be sure you can draw from one). At the Serpentine Gallery, 17a Bridge St, North Lismore, this Tuesday from 7pm. $15.
7. La Scala, Gala Des Etoiles: Captured live at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan on October 30 this year. Featuring stars Svetlana Zakharova, Massimo Murru and Roberto Bolle. The program features much loved works from the classical repertory including Carmen, Manon, Swan Lake, Don Quixote and many more. At Palace Byron Bay Cinema Sunday at 1pm and Wednesday, December 9, at 11am. $24.
8. The Peanuts Movie Charity Advance Screening: Snoopy embarks upon his greatest mission as he and his team take to the skies to pursue their arch-nemesis, while his best pal Charlie Brown begins his own epic quest back home. All proceeds go to children's hospitals around Australia. At Birch Carrol and Coyle Lismore this Sunday at 11am. Rated G. $10.
9. Wollongbar Movember Fundraiser: Beginning at midday, there will be raffles, auctions, a BBQ and live music featuring The Abandoned. This is a day for the whole family. At the The Pioneer Tavern, 53 Simpson Ave, Wollongbar, this Sunday from noon. Free entry.
10. The 1950s and 1960s International Classics Variety Show: A two-hour live show. A nostalgic trip around the world with hits from the 1950s and 1960s, filled with comedy skits, costume changes, skiffle, Mexicana, 'Kiwana', folk and pop music and a special tribute to The Seekers. At the Dunbible Hall, Stokers Siding, this Sunday from 2pm. $10.