Top five things to do today
1. THERE will be a free screening of Drawing the Line, a new film that tells the "other side" of the marine park debate, from 8pm tomorrow at the Evans Head Bowling Club. For more information about the film, visit drawingthelinemovie.com.au.
2. THE Richmond River Historical Society Museum has one of the best historical collections in regional Australia. The museum is located in the heritage-listed former Lismore Municipal Building, with the main exhibition displayed within the old Council Chamber. Phone 6621 9993 or visit richhistory.org.au. It is open from Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm.
3. TAKE a drive to Ocean Shores. This little village has a world-class golf course, a country club, a small shopping centre and great beaches. There's a lookout from where you can see the fabulous view back south to Cape Byron and west to Mt Warning.
4. AUSTRALIAN Seabird Rescue Wildlifelink Sanctuary and Sea Turtle Hospital is conducting school holiday tours every day from 10am. Its headquarters is located at 264 North Creek Rd, Ballina. Phone 6686 2852.
5. THE Ballina and Naval Maritime Museum features extensive displays of local history and is home to the Las Balsas Raft that was sailed from Ecuador to Ballina in 1973. It is open every day. Entry $4 adults, $2 children. Phone 6681 1002.