Top five things to do today
1. THERE are plenty of holiday workshops at the Lismore Library. This afternoon, from 2pm until 3pm, try badge making. Tomorrow there will be a Lego fun afternoon from 2pm. Places are limited at all the workshops, so phone 6621 2464 for bookings.
2. HEAD to Lismore Shopping Square before Friday to make your own teddy bear. For just $6 you can make your own cuddly friend. The activity is held outside Big W from 9.30am until 4pm each day.
3. DEL Strong Art at Alstonville has classes during the school holidays. "Birds, feathers and nests" finishes tomorrow, with "All things horses" starting on Tuesday, January 21. Phone 6628 1749 or 0401 447 717, or drop in to the gallery at 88a Main St, Alstonville.
4. SUMMER holiday workshops are being held at the Alstonville Dance Studio. Guest tutors include Janece Graham (London Festival Ballet), Ben Stuart-Carberry (Australian Ballet), Ben Mayne (Tap Dogs) and Darren Green. Phone 6686 2520.
5. MAKE a booking for one of tomorrow's cruises on the Richmond River Princess. It's an opportunity to enjoy morning or afternoon tea while seeing the beautiful Richmond River from a different vantage point. 1800 777 666.