Top five things to do today
1. SAMPLE fresh local produce and treats from food stalls at the Ballina Twilight Market from 4pm today. The market is held on the banks of the Richmond River at Fawcett Park. It is a fundraiser for the Westpac Life Saver Rescue helicopter.
2. A PAPERBARK tree writing workshop will be held at the Lismore Library from 11am until midday today. A library bag decorating workshop for teenagers is also on from 5-6.30pm. Phone 6621 2464.
3. FOUR new exhibitions have opened at the Northern Rivers Community Gallery in Cherry St, Ballina. They are: Patternmaking the Neighbourhood (Jennifer Collins and Wanda Hitch); Fusion by Fire (Paul Button); Around and About (Rick Molloy); and Funked up Flora (Donna Sharam). The gallery is open Wednesday to Friday from 10am until 4pm, and weekends between 9.30am and 2.30pm. Phone 6681 6167.
4. TAKE a one-hour tour of Nimbin's Djanbiung Gardens. Enjoy the tranquil environment while being guided through the integrated plant and animal systems. Tours Wednesdays to Saturdays. Phone 6689 1755.
5. SUMMERLAND House Farm on Wardell Rd at Alstonville is open every day from 9am to 4pm. The kids will enjoy the water-spray park and tractor tour, and The Grocer stocks great local produce.