Top five things to do today
1. A FREE theatre group will be held for 12-18 year olds at the Ballina District Community Services Association's YAC starting today. The aim of the two short theatre-style workshops is for participants to come along and have a go in a fun and "no pressure" way. The YAC is located at 32 Swift St, Ballina. For more info phone Jordan on 0412 045 982 or the YAC on 6681 5511.
2. WANDER through the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens, located at the Lismore Recycling and Recovery Centre on Wyrallah Rd. The gardens are open to the public between 9am and 4pm.
3. LEARN to surf. There are plenty of experienced operators on the North Coast, including Mojo Surf (phone 1800 113 044) and Kool Katz Learn to Surf School (phone 6685 5169).
4. THERE is always something new to see at the Macadamia Castle. It has an animal park (pictured below), cafe, retail store, mini golf and much more. The popular tourist attraction is the perfect place for families to relax. It is open every day from 8am until 5pm. Phone 6687 8432.
5. HERITAGE tours of the Cape Byron Lighthouse, every day from 10am until 3.30pm. Run by the Cape Byron Trust with assistance from the Cape Byron Friends Volunteer group.