Top Ten things to do and markets
1. Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow: The ultimate comedy road trip. Melbourne International Comedy Festival is on the road again with a colossal night of hilarity. Be prepared for laughs a plenty. This year's line-up includes Andy Saunders (as the MC of the evening), Geraldine Hickey, Gillian Cosgriff, Nath Valvo and Venezuela-born Ivan Aristeguieta. At the Ballina RSL Club today Saturday, June 27 2015, from 8.30 pm. $30. 18+
2. The Blue moon Concert: An acoustic music show in a small and intimate lounge setting, featuring singer songwriters that will be appearing at the Murwillumbah Country Roots Fest in October. This month's featured performers are Lucie Thorne and Hamish Stuart, supported by Jimmy Dowling. At The Imperial Hotel, Murwillumbah, today Saturday, 27th June 2015 from 8pm. $20.
3. Lismore Kart Club: The Lismore Kart Club is holding their June Club Meet this weekend. Racing starts at 9am and is free to spectators. At the at the kart track, Lismore Showgrounds, North Lismore, tomorrow. on Sunday 28th June. Click here for more information about the kart club.
4. Casino RSM Fun Run: The 2015 Casino RSM Fun Run will be held tomorrow, featuring the Casino RSM 10 kilometre, LJ Hooker five kilometre and Parker and the Kissane 4 Kids Two kilometre events. Visit the Casino Fun Run website for more details and to register.
5. Step To Beat Cancer High Tea Fundraiser: Debbie McGregor has signed up to Cancer Council's Step To Beat Cancer 2015 Great Wall of China Trek. She will be walking 40km of the Great wall of China over five days in October to help raise money for cancer research, specialised cancer nurses and support services. Debbie will be holding a fundraiser high tea tomorrow Sunday at the Multitask Hall, 296 Molesworth St, Lismore, from 10.30am.
6. Karise Eden: The young woman with the big vice has a new album called Things I've Done and her tour is bringing her to Lismore this week. Karise Eden will be performing at the Lismore Workers Club, 231 Keen St, Lismore, on July 1 from 7.30pm.
7. 4WD Caravan Camping and Marine Show: Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter annually hosts the 4WD Caravan Camping and Marine Show in July. The event is held over three days (Friday to Sunday) at the Lismore Showground. With over 200 exhibitors, the show provides people with the unique opportunity to view hundreds of the very latest industry products and services at one venue while also learning about caravanning, motor homing and camping in Australia. The event caters specifically for outdoor adventurers and enthusiasts, featuring 4WDs and accessories, caravans, camper trailers and camper vans, RV vehicles, camping equipment and accessories, boats, holiday destinations and outdoor living products. At Lismore Showgrounds, Alexandra Parade, Lismore, from Friday, July 3, until Sunday, July 5.
8. Evans Head Fishing Classic: Evans Head Annual Fishing Classic is the perfect place to experience a week of fun and fishing, with the whole family or solo. Evans Head offers a unique holiday experience with pristine beaches, local atmosphere, and a range of accommodation options to suit any budget. It is the ultimate school holiday destination. Each year hundreds of people, ranging from children to the experienced fisherman, travel to Evans Head to participate in the classic. At 11 - 13 McDonald Pl, Evans Head, from Friday, July 3 to Friday, July 10.
9. Skullcandy Oz Grom Open: The 2015 Skullcandy Oz Grom Open at Lennox Head will attract some of the world's most talented junior surfers. The World Surf League Junior Qualifying Series 72-man division will join the long-running Under-16 year event and includes a $12,000 prize purse - the biggest prize pool for any Pro Junior in Australia - with the winner walking away with $4500. Aside from the Pro Junior division, boys and girls will compete in Under-12s, Under-14s and Under-16s. All will be broadcast live on the event's website. The Open is organised by Le-Ba Boardriders with the assistance of the Ballina Shire Council. At Lennox head from Friday, July 3 until Wednesday, July 8.
10. Ash Grunwald: Set to open Ash Grunwald's upcoming album Now (due in September), first single River is a song to fill the belly with fire. Working with Ian Perez (Wolfmother), Pete Wilkins (formerly Blue King Brown) and Nick Didia (Producer for Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine), Ash Grunwald created River. Fresh off the back of shows in LA and Toronto for Canadian Music Week and before tour demands in North America take him away again, this is a chance to join Ash Grunwald in a movement to unite a fractured nation. River is promised as a reminder that division amongst a country's citizens creates a smokescreen for Governments to sneak behind unnoticed to make their corruptions law. At the Byron Theatre, 69 Jonson Street, Byron Bay, this Friday, July 3, from 8pm. $33. 15+
- Alstonville Farmers Market, Bugden Ln car park, Alstonville.
- Lismore Farmers Market, Lismore Showground.
- Uki Farmers market every Saturday morning.
- Kyogle Farmers Market, Stratheden St Kyogle.
- Blue Knob Farmers Market, 719 Blue Knob Rd, Lillian Rock.
- Bangalow Farmers Market, 1 Byron St, Bangalow
- Evans Head Riverside Market, Recreation Reserve, Oak St, Evans Head. (During school holidays, market moves to Stan Payne Memorial Reserve, Booyong St)
- Kingscliff Beachside Market, Marine Pde, Kingscliff
- Drake Hall Markets, Community Hall, Bruxner Hwy, Drake, last Saturday of the month
- Yowie Country Markets, Community Public Hall, Unumgar St, Woodenbong. Last Saturday of the month.
- Nimbin Market, Cullen St
- Missingham Bridge Markets, Missingham Bridge, Kingsford Dr, Ballina
Please note the Bangalow Village Market at the Showgrounds has been cancelled due to wet weather. bangalowmarket.com.au