Thunderstorms, hail cancelled for Northern Rivers
UPDATE 4.10pm: THE Bureau of Meteorology has cancelled their severe thunderstorm warning for the Northern Rivers.
The website stated "The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary."
SUNDAY 2.45pm: FOLLOWING a day of windy weather the question on everyone's minds will surely be, "are we going to see a thunderstorm?"
Well, a storm warning has been issued for parts of the Northern Rivers.
Murwillumbah, Casino and Kyogle are predicted to see "severe thunderstorms" that are "likely to produce large hailstones" over coming hours.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover
- Unplug computers and appliances
- Avoid using the phone during the storm
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The Bureau of Meteorology advises the next warning is due to be issued by 4.35pm.
Today there has also been gale force and strong wind warnings in place for the Byron Coast.