Three models of vaccuums recalled
THOUSANDS of Northern Rivers Shark vacuum owners are potentially at risk of burns and electric shocks after it was revealed only 20% of NSW customers had returned three models that have been recalled due to defects.
The recall, issued earlier this year was in response to identification of a potential manufacturing issue that may affect their cord and cord assembly.
Although the issue can be remedied with a simple repair free of charge, response numbers in New South Wales are alarmingly low.
Continuing to use these vacuum cleaners without this repair could pose a risk of burn and electric shock to users if they are holding the cord while vacuuming.
Brand Developers Pty implemented the voluntary recall earlier this year in conjunction with Euro-Pro (now known as SharkNinja), owner of the popular floorcare brand Shark, and in consultation with the relevant Australian regulators.
Brand Developers chief executive Simon Fraser said 'We take the safety of our customers very seriously.'
"Knowing a simple repair is all that is needed, we would be devastated if someone got hurt because they didn't know about the recall, or simply didn't take the time to get it repaired," he said.
"If you own one of the affected Shark vacuum cleaners we are strongly advising you register and return it for repair.
"We are urging all New South Wales customers to observe this recall to ensure your safety and everyone in your household."
Models being recalled:
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away (model number NV350NZ) units manufactured prior to 18 October 2014 (which bear a production code 4811A to 4114A inclusive)
All Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional (model number NV356NZ) units
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light HV300NZ (production code 0314A though to 4614A) manufactured from 16 January to 15 November 2014