Three men in court charged with child sex offences - Ballina
BREAKING NEWS, Saturday March 2, 2pm:
THREE men are due to appear in Lismore court charged with sex offences allegedly involving a 15-year-old girl.
Police arrested two men at one house shortly after midnight today (Saturday, 2 March), while a third man was arrested at his home about 1.30am and all were taken to Ballina Police Station.
A 39-year-old man has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault - victim under the age of 16 while a 37-year-old man and a 41-year-old man have been charged with one count each of aggravated sexual assault - victim under the age of 16.
The men were refused bail overnight and will appear in Lismore Court today.
Strike Force Bissenberger was formed in June last year to investigate alleged offences involving a child within the Richmond Local Area Command.
Crime Manager, Detective Inspector Greg Moore, commended the work of his detectives.
"The Strike Force Bissenberger team has worked tirelessly to reach the point where we were able to make these arrests," Det Insp Moore said.
"It is a tribute to their dedication and skill that we have been able to put these people before the court," he said.