Top ten things to do
1. Beyond: Contemporary circus troupe Circa invites you to step over the line between human and animal, between madness and sanity, between logic and dream. At the Lismore City Hall, 1 Bounty St, Lismore, today from 7pm. For details visit http://www.norpa.org.au.
2. Lior: Lior Attar, better known as Lior, is an independent Israeli-Australian singer-songwriter based in Melbourne. He is playing songs from his latest release, Scattered Reflections. At the Byron Theatre, 69 Jonson St, Byron Bay, today from 8pm.
3. Ballina Bridal Expo: The 14th annual Ballina Bridal Expo is set to help make your special day, the day of your life. This is one of the most successful bridal events on the Coast, with over 80 exhibitors, fashion parades and demonstrations. All proceeds donated to charity. At the Ballina RSL Club, 240 River St, Ballina, tomorrow from 9.30am.
4. Bluesfest Busking Competition: Forty of the best up and coming blues Australian acts have been selected from a record 111 entries. The winners of the Over 18 and Grommet categories will play at the Busking Stage at Bluesfest. The Over 18 semi finals will be held on Monday and Tuesday, March 30 and 31, at the Beach Hotel in Byron Bay, with the finals at the same venue on Good Friday from midday.
5. Parkside Orchestra: This local trio of psych rock recently won the Southern Hemisphere's largest band competition. They will be releasing their first studio album this year. They have been hailed as one of the most interesting bands to come out of the Northern Rivers recently. At the Lismore Workers Club Platinum Lounge on Tuesday, March 31, from 7.30pm. Free gig.
6. Byron Arts Classic Gala: Over 300 works have been entered and all artworks are for sale. They have over $10,000 worth of prizes to be won in the categories of painting, works on paper, photography, sculpture and textiles. This will be a 'Cornucopia + Colour' themed Gala Award Opening Night, so dress in abundance and loads of colour. At the Byron Theatre, 69 Jonson St, Byron Bay, on Wednesday, April 1, from 6pm. $10.
7. Bluesfest: With over 200 performances offer five days, the Byron Bay Bluesfest includes shows by hit performers such as Hozier, Rodrigo and Gabriela, Paolo Nutini, Ben Harper and the Alabama Shakes, among others. From Thursday, April 2, until Monday, April 6.
8. Lisa Hunt: Her soulful singing style is enjoyed by fans of all ages. Lisa Hunt began singing in that great African American tradition, the gospel church, there was laid the foundation of her soulful singing style. She went on to study voice at The City College of New York (BFA). Upstairs at the Ballina RSL on Friday, April 3, from 8.30pm. Free gig.
9. Starlight Wellbeing Expo: Some of the regular workshops in this expo are crystal singing, reiki, sound healing and aromatherapy, among others. From Friday, April 3, at the Bangalow A&I Hall from 9.30am. All day event.
10. Autumn Arts Extravaganza: The Autumn Arts Extravaganza is a major annual exhibition curated by the Nimbin Artist Gallery located within the School of Arts complex. The gallery is open daily and can be accessed from the main street next to the hall. At the Nimbin School of Arts, 47 Cullen St, Nimbin, from Friday, April 3, 10am to 5pm.
- Alstonville Farmers' Market, Bugden Ln car park
- Lismore Farmers' Market, Lismore Showground
- Uki Farmers' Market
- Kyogle Farmers' Market, Stratheden St
- Blue Knob Farmers' Market, 719 Blue Knob Rd, Lillian Rock
- Bangalow Farmers' Market, 1 Byron St
- Byron Bay Artisan Market, Railway Park, Jonson St (October to Easter)
- Evans Head Riverside Market, Recreation Reserve, Oak St
- Lennox Head Market, Pacific Pde, Lake Ainsworth
- Nimbin Market, Cullen St
- Missingham Bridge Markets, Missingham Bridge, Kingsford Dr, Ballina
- Woodburn Market, Riverside Park
- Yowie Country Markets, Community Public Hall, Unumgar St, Woodenbong