Ten ways to keep cool under $10
KEEPING your cool in a heatwave on a small budget takes can be a challenge.
Luckily for you we have the done the hard work on how to stay cool for (mostly) under $10.
1. An icy pole or ice-cream are a yummy and quick cool fix. Cost: $5
2. Sheets in the freezer - pop your bed linen into a plastic bag then into the freezer for 10 minutes before you go to bed. Cost: Free
3. Sprinkler - running around in our swimmers (or not) under a sprinkle takes you back to those carefree summer days as a kid. Cost: Free
4. Hat - Keep your brain-box out of the sunshine if you're out and about. Cost: Up to $10
5. Swimming pool owned by your friends. Cost: Free
6. Fountain - Fun and free!
7. Hammock - Perfect for circulating the cool air during your siesta and even better with a cold drink or ice-cream. Cost: From $14.99 or cheaper at an opshop or online resale site.
8. Refreshing drink - keep a jug of your favourite cordial or smoothie in the nearest fridge. Cost: Depends on how many strawberries you want to add.
9. Sit next to a dog fresh from the pool and let it shake drops all over you (You may wish to shower afterwards). Cost: Free.
10. Relax - It's summer, it's hot and you'll be cooler if you don't get steamed up about it. Cost: Free