ONE of the two teenagers arrested on Wednesday after police acted on information the pair were allegedly preparing to behead someone in Sydney, has links to a convicted terrorist.

News Corp is reporting the threat of an attack was considered imminent when officers moved on the 16-year-olds in a laneway behind a mosque at lunchtime.

Police clad in protective gear acted on information the pair had purchased bayonets from a gun shop.

The Daily Telegraph reports one of the boys was known to counter-terrorism officers after he refused to stand for the national anthem last year.

The boy's father has been convicted for terror-related offences.

 



Trial told of 'bizarre sexual manipulation' tweet

premium_icon Trial told of 'bizarre sexual manipulation' tweet

Spiritual healer is suing former client for defamation

Charges dropped against man accused of filming in toilets

premium_icon Charges dropped against man accused of filming in toilets

Only one charge remained and the 45-year-old pleaded guilty to it

Beloved pub to reopen under new management

Beloved pub to reopen under new management

Ballina pub set to reopen its doors

Local Partners