Severe thunderstorm forecast for Northern Rivers
A SEVERE weather warning is in place for Lismore, Grafton, Coffs Harbour and Dorrigo.
There is a risk of large hailstones and damaging wind over the next several hours.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued online by 5.15pm.