SCU students name entertainment HOT SPOTS
• Everyone knows PEZ's summer anthem, The Festival Song. See if you can still remember the lyrics when Pez performs at the Northern Hotel, Byron Bay, this Sunday at 8.30pm.Tickets: $17.50.
• Become a slave to the groove as reggae-meisters Jah Love invade the SCU Unibar's 'Kinky Back to School' theme party tonight. Dig out your old high school clobber and dance up a storm. DJ Kayhat also appearing. Entry $5 after 9pm.
• Want to know what “pirates drunk on reggae” sound like? Look no further as roots band Rumpunch at Nimbin Hotel tomorrow. Let them navigate you through their self-titled debut album. Free, 8pm start.
• Melbourne seven-piece Baron Samadhi are known for their dirty brass beats and soul/reggae dance tunes on stage. They are bound to inspire at the Rails in Byron Bay on Sunday from 6.30pm. Free.
• Areeeebbbbaaa! Liquid in Byron hosts El Mariachi, a spicy mix of burlesque and rock, showcasing local grunge outfit White Bats, and pop/rock Sydney-siders The Protectors, and for the flaming hot finale - Lolita la Bandita. Tonight, $10.
- Adelaide French