Simpsons spoof Pokemon, Adventure Time, Despicable Me
THE Simpsons aired its annual 'Treehouse of Horror' episode overnight in the US, and in the XXV instalment it gave nods to its cartoon derivatives.
The episode saw the current Simpsons family meet their more crudely drawn forebears, with Lisa questioning at its close:
"I just had a worrisome thought, if there can be two incarnations of The Simpsons, why couldn't some evil marketing entity produce millions of others?"
Cue eight different versions of the Simpsons parading into the house.
A 3D version from an earlier series went in first, followed by a Pokemon inspired version complete with Maggie as Pikachu and Santa's Little Helper as Charizard.
Then came the Adventure Time edition, with Bart and SLH as Finn and Jake and Homer as Ice King, followed by South Park, Archer, French and Lego imaginations of the family.
Despicable Me was the final animation to get a nod, with the Simpsons being depicted as the film's Minions.
Confessing to have run out of ideas, the Simpsons has been big on crossovers lately, previously airing controversial episode that saw them collide with Family Guy's Griffins.
WHAT'S HOT ONLINE TODAY
- Family stunned by drowning of young fitness instructor
- Footballer dies after somersault to celebrate goal
- Palmer in court over $12 million fund
- Man 'shanks' fellow prisoner 18 times
- Marlisa Punzalan has won the 2014 X Factor
- Man faces rape, sexual assault charges
- Seatbelt saves life of a young mother
- 'Ungodly scream' as boy, 8, bitten by brown snake
- Alert issued before gas worker death
- Police 'on notice' in murder case against O'Dempsey