Stringer

Schoolgirl 'electrocuted' after lying on frayed iPhone cable

A TEENAGE girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with the white device by her side in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh, local media reported.

Police said a "broken-down" charging brick and frayed cable were also found in the 14-year-old's bed. It is not thought those devices were made by Apple. 

Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered by her parents.

It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.

The Independent has contacted Apple for comment but none had arrived at the time of publication.



Boy crawls out of wreckage of fiery crash

premium_icon Boy crawls out of wreckage of fiery crash

The 11yo was found walking on a highway after he escaped a crash.

New store for horse lovers to open in Lismore

premium_icon New store for horse lovers to open in Lismore

Saddleworld Northern Rivers celebrates grand opening on Saturday

'A legacy for the boys': Driving school takes shape

premium_icon 'A legacy for the boys': Driving school takes shape

Asphalt poured for Southern Cross LADS driver education track

Local Partners