Roaring action on track
ABOUT 40 bikes hit the track at the North Coast Road Racers first event of the year at Lismore at the weekend.
The two-day event started with practice laps on Saturday morning followed by competition at the Lismore Showground Kart Track.
There was eight-divisions with Lennox Head's Bryce Kennedy taking out the Superlite category.
Warren Swift (Lismore) finished second in three events.
"We were happy with the turn-up and our next event will be even bigger," club president James Britton said.
"There were guys from Moree, Brisbane and Canberra that competed.
"We had some new guys turn up and some of the races were full.
"The heat didn't seem to scare anyone off but it was tough."
The club picked up some new recruits thanks to a new track licence allowing 500cc cylinder bikes at the course.
Motorcycling NSW has given the club three practice bikes aimed for newcomers interested in joining.
The club is still hoping to attract more juniors with upcoming events at Grafton, Port Macquarie and Stanthorpe.
The Port Macquarie event is in May and will be an interclub challenge.
"It does get competitive and we have riders of all different types of ability," Britton said.
- Stock: 1st Mark Strong (Brisbane), Warren Swift (Lismore) Col Cheethem (Grafton)
- Superlite 1st Bryce Kennedy (Lennox Head) Warren Swift (Lismore) Travis Goff (Coffs Harbour)
- Motolite Div one 1st Dan May (Coramba), Warren Swift (Lismore) Justin Hall (Kyogle)
- Motolite Div two 1st Jason Tester (Brisbane) John Sullivan (Brisbane) Owen Haseldon (Lismore)
- M2 dirtbikes 1st Justin Thomas (Coffs Harbour) Col Thomas (Moree)
- M3 single cylinder 1st Dan May (Coramba), Adam Thomas (Moree) Darrel Maguire (Port Macquarie)
- Junior Open: 1st Lachlan Byron (Port Macquarie)
- Junior Stock: Kyam Bucktom (Coffs Harbour)