Police looking for armed robbers
RICHMOND Local Area Command detectives are investigating the possible link between three armed robberies and a ram raid which occurred in Lismore between July last year and March this year.
Strike Force ELOC detectives believe there could be a link as the offenders’ features and clothing are quite distinctive as shown on CCTV. This is despite the offenders wearing disguises.
- Armed robbery at a convenience store, about 7.15pm on Friday, July 24 last year;
- Armed robbery at a video shop on Rous Road, Goonellabah about 8.55pm on Wednesday, January 13 this year;
- Armed robbery at a bottle shop on Wyrallah Road, East Lismore about 7.30pm on Friday, March 5 this year;
- A ram raid offence on a department store on Simeoni Drive, Goonellabah about 5.30am on Saturday January 23 this year. During this offence a female assisted her two male co-offenders in the commission of the offence; and
- The theft of several vehicles involved in the offences.
The theft of several vehicles have been involved in the incidents and the offenders have used an assortment of weapons including firearms, machetes, knives and hammers.
The offenders are considered dangerous.
One male is described as wearing a distinctive black hooded jacket with gold coloured cannabis leafs printed on it.
Anyone with information in relation to the males or the vehicles is urged to contact investigators at Lismore Police Station on 6626 0599 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.