Brough won't answer Slipper's 13 questions over Ashby
UPDATE: Peter Slipper's 13 questions to Mal Brough haven't prompted a response from the man most likely to win his seat in Saturday's election.
Mr Brough, the candidate for Fisher, said "nothing has changed" in regard to his policy not to comment on the former Speaker's requests for information on "Ashbygate".
"Mr Slipper continues to be fixated on anything other than the issues facing the electorate," Mr Brough said.
"Today I am announcing another job and environment commitment for Fisher.
"In contrast Mr Slipper continues to talk about himself."
Mr Brough drew attention to the fact the Federal Court was considering two appeals relating to this matter.
"And Mr Slipper has been charged with three offences of dishonestly causing a risk of a loss to the Commonwealth, which is set down for a December trial."
Peter Slipper puts 13 questions to Brough over Ashby affair
THESE are the 13 little questions Peter Slipper wants Mal Brough to answer with regard to James Ashby.
Mr Slipper, the Member for Fisher, challenged his arch-rival Mr Brough, who is standing for his seat, to a debate last Thursday.
Mr Brough declined.
Hours later, Mr Ashby's parents, Darryl and Colleen, broke their silence for the first time and issued a challenge to Mr Slipper for a debate on the James Ashby issue.
Mr Slipper declined.
Now, with the election only three days away, Mr Slipper has revealed exactly what he hopes Mr Brough can answer.
The questions are:
1. Why do you think James Ashby sent you the three diary images on 29 March 2012?
2. Had you discussed getting information from Peter Slipper's diary at anytime between March 23 and when they arrived on your phone on March 29?
3. If you had given Ashby advice on 23 March 2012 to go and see a lawyer about the sexual harassment charge and to go to the AFP about the cab charge vouchers, why did you need to see him again on 30 March 2012?
4. What time did you meet with Ashby and Doane on 30 March 2012? Who was at the meeting of 30 March 2012, apart from yourself Ashby and Doane? Who is Jackie and was she present?
5. If Jackie wasn't present on 30 March 2012, why do Ashby and Doane talk about Jackie arranging a barrister who is high up in the LNP for $1.
6. Is this 'Jackie" your former parliamentary colleague, Jackie Kelly?
7. Did Jackie Kelly arrange the meeting among David Russell QC and yourself, Ashby and Doane?
8. When was the last time you were in touch with Jackie Kelly?
9. Please tell us why you called Ashby on 12 April 2012?
10. Please tell us why you emailed Ashby on 18 April 2012?
11. In the email of 18 April, you mention potential problems, what were they?
12. Did you meet with James Ashby on 18 April 2012?
13. If you did meet with James Ashby on 18 April 2012 what did you discuss?
Mr Slipper said Mr Brough has, so far, refused to answer these questions "which are of great public interest to the people of Fisher"".
"The Government will change on Saturday anyway and Mr Brough should not be rewarded for his role in AshbyGate," he said.
"As Clive Palmer has said when Brough came to him in a failed attempt to get him to fund the AshbyGate litigation - 'Mal Brough said to me we needed to destroy Peter Slipper'."