Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."



How to lure tourists back to the region

premium_icon How to lure tourists back to the region

DESTINATION NSW gives tourism based businesses a boost to encourage people to visit...

News you can use in bite-sized snippets

premium_icon News you can use in bite-sized snippets

FROM changed highway conditions, to grants for writers, you’ll find it all here.

How can we keep doctors, medicos in regional NSW?

premium_icon How can we keep doctors, medicos in regional NSW?

THERE’S a plan being put in place to encourage doctors to work in rural and remote...