Party drug overdose in Lismore motel
A MAN was rushed to Lismore Base Hospital after overdosing on the party drug fantasy this morning.
Police were called to Centrepoint Motel in Lismore in the early hours of this morning by paramedics who treated the 44-year-old visitor after he was found unconscious.
Officers were told that the man had bought the drug GHB at a party on New Years Eve and had not measured the correct dose and as a result overdosed.
A spokesperson for Lismore Base Hospital said the man was released late this morning.
According to NSW Health, GHB (Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate), also known as liquid ecstasy, produces feelings of euphoria, relaxation, sociability and an increased urge for sex.
However, even a small increase in dose can cause serious effects or death.