Dash cam busts parking officer ripping off motorist
A CBD car park operator has been caught out writing a dodgy ticket by a Toowoomba woman's dashboard camera.
Real estate agent June Small pulled into the privately managed car park on Victoria St behind the Coffee Club shortly before midday on Friday.
She paid $2 for a two-hour ticket, which had a start time of 11.58am, and left it on her dashboard before going to an appointment.
However, when she returned at 1.40pm, an $88 ticket adorned her windscreen.
An explanation was sought from a nearby attendant.
"She said that I was there for two hours and my ticket expired at 11.58..." Ms Small said.
An argument ensued but the ticket was not revoked.
This was despite dashboard camera footage from Ms Small's car showing her driving into the car park at 11.57am.
Ms Small said she was told she had 24 hours to appeal the ticket.
She faxed a letter of complaint the attendant's employer, Australian National Car Parks, later that afternoon.
"I was mortified that she could stand there and lie and put a ticket on my windscreen.
"All I could think when she was saying all of this is 'how many other people have been caught like this'?"
She said without the dashboard camera footage, it would have been her word against the attendants.
Australian National Car Parks was contacted for comment but did not respond by deadline.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Dash cam busts parking officer ripping off motorist
- Eating cane toads a healthy choice - for you and the planet
- Community pays tribute to Warrego Hwy crash victim
- Truckie accused of hit-and-run cyclist killing in court
- Schoolboy punched in head 20 times over a girl
- Woman hit in head after propeller sliced through plane
- NAYbours: Residents say no to new development