Paris attacks: Fresh raids underway in Belgium
SIX new raids are underway near the Belgian capital of Brussels, France's chief prosecutor has confirmed, as France seeks to extend the state of emergency introduced after last week's deadly attacks.
The raids are connected to a suicide bomber who blew himself up outside the Stade de France during the series of coordinated attacks that killed 129 people across Paris.
"They are linked to Bilal Hadfi," the prosecutor told AFP news agency, adding that the raids targeted places involving Hadfi's family, friends and other people directly linked to him.
Investigators said Hadfi was a French national who was living in Belgium and had spent time in Syria.
The raids come as the French government considers whether to extend the state of emergency introduced last Friday.
Read more at ABC News