Parents face another week for ABC placements
THE receiver of ABC Learning Centres says he has a plan to ensure a place for every child using the company's centres next year.
However, Chris Honey of McGrathNicol said staff and parents of children at ABC Learning Centres in Casino, Lismore and Ocean Shores would have to wait another week to learn the fate of their centres.
Renee Gazzola has two children attending ABC Learning Centre at Ocean Shores and said if the centre closed, she didn't know where Mr Honey would send her children.
“I've checked out the other options in the area and they're all booked out for next year.”
Mrs Gazzola is disappointed the decision on the future of the centre has been put off a week, but is intrigued to know what the receivers have in mind.
In a statement, Mr Honey said he would be able to provide a clearer picture of the situation for parents and ABC centre staff next Friday.
Mr Honey said he would have liked to have cleared up the issue yesterday but it was important the process be conducted carefully to ensure the best possible outcome for children and parents.
ABC Learning Centres, the nation's largest childcare provider, went into receivership last month after registering debts of more than $1 billion.
Ten days ago, the receiver announced that 656 centres would continue to operate, with the future of others still to be decided.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Phone 6624 3266 or SMS 0428 264 948 or leave your comments below.
Want to know more?