Parade with Indigenous pride
AN event aiming to build leadership and confidence in Indigenous youth, the Annual Youth Connections Young NAIDOC Parade 2015, will be presented by the Northern Rivers Social Development Council on July 9.
To enter, all participants must have an entry form completed and provided to Youth Connections / NRSDC by Friday June 26.
Participants under 16 need parental consent.
The day of events will include:
- Workshops will start at 11.30am in the back end of Ngulingah Local Aboriginal Land Council.
- Workshops and Performance by award winning, local artists TLK & special guest.
- Cultural performance and personal growth workshops.
- Positive Self Image Workshop and dress rehearsals.
- "Dream Believe Achieve" (NRL) and "I Can" Workshops.
- Respect me, you, them & us - Elders & future leaders yarning with Uncle Charles Moran.
- Option of having hair and light make-up done by former TAFE hair and makeup students.
- Young NAIDOC Parade Commencing at Lismore Workers Club at 5pm.
- Welcome to country and acknowledgments by Uncle Charles Moran and young Leaders Commence at 4:00pm
- Opening speech & acknowledgments Jennifer Parke, Michael Smith and Jenny Dowell.
- Group (cultural & musical) Performances Commence at 5:45pm.
- Celebratory meal for families and Participants at 6:30pm (back at Ngulingah LALC)
- Participants to come dressed in their own favourite outfit to express their own style.
- Parade and be introduced as an individual or with friends, sporting group, social group etc
More info at http://nrsdc.org.au/