Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



'Lonely' Lismore bishop can't quit, even if he wanted to

premium_icon 'Lonely' Lismore bishop can't quit, even if he wanted to

"You would not become a bishop if you wanted to enjoy yourself”

$1 million cabins where you can take the whole family

premium_icon $1 million cabins where you can take the whole family

Park installs architect-designed, waterfront cabins

WATCH: This car will make you green with envy

premium_icon WATCH: This car will make you green with envy

How much did she spend during the 18-year renovation?

Local Partners