Page candidates: Why you should vote for me
IF you're still struggling trying to work out who deserves your vote when you reach the ballot box on Saturday, this may help.
We have approached the various candidates for the Federal Seat of Page and invited them to take a minute to explain directly to you why they think they deserve your vote.
Each video was unscripted and done in a single take.
Videos are provided here in order of appearance on the ballot paper.
- Kevin Hogan (The Nationals)
- Janelle Saffin (ALP)
- Carol Ordish (Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group))
- Stephen Janes (Palmer United Party)
- Desley Banks (Greens)
- Rod Smith (One Nation)
Kevin Hogan - The Nationals
Janelle Saffin - ALP
Carol Ordish - Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
On her Facebook page, Ms Ordish describes herself as a mentor/coordinator for the CDP's youth wing at Grafton and as a member of the Clarence Valley Transport Committee.
She says she:
- Is a graduate in general nursing, midwifery and animal studies Cert II
- Is a co-founder of Community Radio Station,1031 Life FM
- Is a consultant/fundraiser to an International Children's Project
- Is a visionary/coordinator/overseas leader for international mission initiatives
- Has owned and operated two businesses
- Has been an executive committee member, consultant, and coordinator in various youth/children's and community organizations
She has previously been known in the Clarence Valley for her opposition to the cloning of human embryos for medical research, for her work with Team Cambodia, working to help a Cambodian village through fundraising for the team and working to establish better medical facilities and water supplies in "Windy Village".
Stephen Janes - Palmer United Party
Desley Banks - The Greens
Rod Smith - One Nation