Our comprehensive list of Melbourne Cup events
- Alstonville Bowling Club: Two-course meal, glass of bubbly on arrival, Candy Lane fashion show, major raffles, best-dressed prizes, races on the big screen and lucky door prizes. Phone 6628 0497.
- Australian Hotel, Ballina: Prawn bucket (half kg) with a choice of beer, wine or soft drink. Cost $19.50. Phone 6686 2015.
- Ballina RSL Club: Three-course meal, lucky door prizes, free sweeps, fashion fun and complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Cost $69.90. Phone 6686 2544.
- Ballina Surf Club: Fundraising lunch for Meals on Wheels Ballina. Buffet lunch, fashions on the field, best decorated hat prize, sweeps, raffles, lucky door prizes. Cost $20. Phone 6686 2636.
- Club Lennox: Fun, Fashion and Frolics, with a big screen for the race, giddy-up games, fashion parade with a twist, best-dressed prizesbest dressed, best hat and lucky seat, wine hamper to be won, wine tasting and sweeps. Cost $45 including glass of bubbly and picnic platter. Phone 6687 4313.
- Hotel Henry Rous, Ballina: Melbourne Cup-themed Day entertainment plus music with Isaac Frankham from 3pm.
- Shaws Bay Hotel, Ballina: Watch the big race on the huge indoor or outdoor screens. Two-course meal for $25 includes bubbly on arrival. Best-dressed prizes, sweepstakes and full TAB facilities. Phone 6686 2034.
- The Point at Ballina: Sparkling winefrom Yellowglen, lots of prizes, including best-dressed and the lucky doorprize, plus sweeps. Special Melbourne Cup a-la-carte menu and drink specialson the day. Sample the premium skin and beauty products from Jindilli Macadamias. Phone 6618 1188.
- Summerland House Farm, Alstonville: The big race live on the big screen, sweeps, lucky door prizes, complimentary champagne, best-dressed prizes. Phone 6628 0610.
- Foam at Lennox Head: Three-course lunch with champagne on arrival. $85 per person. 41 Pacific Parade Lennox Head. 6687 7757. $85 per person.
- Beef and Beach, Lennox Head: Melbourne Cup Luncheon supporting Biala Support Services. Phone 6687 6088. $75pp. Three-course lunch plus champagne on arrival. $75 per person. 6687 6088.
- Harvest at Newrybar: Sparkling wine on arrival and four-course lunch. Fashion parade and live music. $80 per person. Harvest Café 18-20 Old Pacific Hwy, Newrybar. 6687 2644.
- Cherry Street Sports Club Ballina: Melbourne Cup on the Back Deck with live music from 1pm and a new gourmet platters menu. Prizes for best-dressed prizes plus Club features three bowling greens and two croquet courts. sweeps and the race, televised on the big screen. Bookings essential for groups of 10 people or more. 6686 2811.
- Beach Hotel: From 3pm, A Lisa Hunt-hosted celebration that includes prizes for best-dressed male and female as well as best and Best hat. Starts 3pm.
- Bangalow Hotel: Enjoy the races on the big screen. Phone 6687 1314.
- Byron Bay Services Club: Race day luncheon at the Pandanus Room from 12 noon. $25 per person. Two-course meal, complimentary glass of wine, free raffles, prizes for best hat, best-dressed and best couple. Call 6685 6878.
- The Park - Suffolk Park: Cup luncheon from noon with shared plates or main meals from $12. Complimentary glass of champagne with every meal purchase. Sweeps and prizes for best dressed and best hat.
- Ocean Shores: Bubbly on arrival, tantalising tapas, fashion parade and live music. Tickets $45. Bookings essential. Phone 6680 3222.
- Byron Bay Golf Club: Two-course luncheon. $65 per person. Includes welcome glass of champagne on arrival. Booking essential. 6685 6470.
- Club Byron, The Bowlo: Melbourne Cup Calcutta on Monday night from 7.30pm plus Melbourne Cup luncheon. from 11.30pm $50 per person. Includes complimentary glass of bubbly. a glass of bubbles. Fashions on the Green plus live music. Good Rich band after the race. Bookings 6685 6202.
- The Sugar Bowl: Two-course luncheon served with sparkling house bubbles wine or beer for $35 per person. Lunch will be alternate mains and desserts.
- Nimbin Bush Theatre: Cocktail party experience, with music from the The Sakrewski-Symons Super Rad Mega Ultra Quintet featuring Zac Sakrewski. Parade of cutting-edge art fashion designs and millinery in classic race carnival tradition from the fashion house of Judy Who and other celebrated local artisans. Sweeps, best-dressed and best hat prizes. Costs $45. Book at www.nimbinbushtheatre.com or buy from the Phoenix Rising Cafe or Nimbin Mad Hattery. Contact David on 66890095 or 0418 824 598.
- Lismore Workers Club:The Blue and White Auxiliary Melbourne Cup Lunch offers a two-course meal and fashion parade. It raises money for the Blue and White Auxiliary, which is dedicated to raising funds for palliative care. On November 3 from 11.30am for a noon start. Tickets Costs $30.
- Nimbin: Melbourne cup extravaganza (and WIRES fundraiser). Phoenix Rising Café, 2 Blue Knob Rd, Nimbin. 10.30am to 5pm. $45. 6689 0095, 0418 824 598. Includes jazz music, fashion show, food.
- Hotel Illawong Evans Head: From 9am, with Cup luncheon includes three-course meal and a glass of bubbly. Also , and a mystery trifecta plus games. Choice of 2-3 entrees, mains, and desserts. Tickets are $35 per person, with $5 donated to cancer research. Starts at 9am. Fun and games kick off from 11.30am.
- Woodburn-Evans Head RSL: Come and play bingo and alphy for $7, which includes with free tea, coffee and a glass of champagne. Day kicks off at 11am. Upstairs bistro is open with great meals available. Sweeps and prizes for best-dressed male and female plus best hat. Calcutta today from on Saturday, October 31, 6pm. Tickets $5each.
- Rod n Reel Hotel: Together with Tupperware and cherishcreative.com.au there is a fundraising Melbourne Cup luncheon with a two-course meal as well as prizes for 'race day' luncheon. Prizes include best-dressed and lucky door, plus raffles and sweeps. $30 per person. Starts at from 11am.
- Woodburn Bowling Club: Melbourne Cup lunch at $25 per head includes champagne on arrival, smorgasbord meal with dessert, bottle of wine on the table and entertainment. $25 per person.
- Coraki Golf Club: Calcutta will be held on Monday night.
- Coraki Hotel: Melbourne Cup luncheon with sweeps, fashion parade and best-dressed prizes.
- Rappville Pub: $30 Luncheon plus champagne. Tickets $30. Charity of the day is the Leukaemia Foundation. Starts at noon.
- Casino RSM Club: Melbourne Cup luncheon with bubbly on arrival, a seafood, roast and salad smorgasbord, entertainment, fashions in the field, sweeps and more. $25 per person. Starts at 11.30am.
- Casino Golf Club: Two-course lunch. Cost is $25 per person and there's a courtesy bus from 11am to 5pm. Preference given to bookings on 6662 8333.
- Commercial Hotel, Casino: Luncheon $55 with champagne and canapes, two-course meal, fashion parade and prizes. Tickets $55. A fundraiser for the VRA.