Not enough evidence to link suspected predator: court

A SUSPECTED child predator transferred $65,000 into his bank account the week missing Sydney toddler Rahma El-Dennaoui disappeared without a trace, a coronial inquest has heard.

Evidence tendered in the NSW Coroner's Court on Thursday revealed the man also spoke on the phone to another suspected paedophile the morning the 20-month-old was reported missing from her western Sydney bedroom seven years ago.

Investigating officer Detective Sergeant Nick Sedgwick told the court police had found no sign of a paedophile ring operating in the area and there was not enough evidence to link the man, who had a "liking" for girls, to the case.

Earlier this week, Rahma's mother, Alya, had given "starkly different" evidence about why a drum was left outside the window above the bed where Rahma had slept.

Phone recordings of a call placed from Rahma's home to Lebanon the night before she disappeared, and the 000 call made by her father Hosayn the next morning, also have been tendered in court.

Rahma has not been seen since she was put to bed about 2am on November 10, 2005.

A $100,000 reward is on offer for information leading to an arrest.

The inquest continues.



'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

Ballina residents say it's time to name and shame

Universal Medicine under the spotlight

Universal Medicine under the spotlight

Northern Rivers group responds to news of investigation

Pam's 42 years at popular Chinese restaurant

Pam's 42 years at popular Chinese restaurant

Lismore "gem” says it's finally time to retire

Local Partners