Almost one year: still no answers for MH17 victims

NEARLY a year after Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down, the family of passengers are no closer to closure.

The flight was shot down over Ukraine on July 17 last year. Some families of those killed gathered in Malaysia at the weekend to mark the anniversary.

The Australian Government is working with Malaysia, Belgium, Ukraine and the Netherlands to set up an international tribunal in the United Nations.

Russia, which has been linked with Ukrainian separatists accused of shooting the plane down, said it would oppose the tribunal.

Russia has denied involvement in the shooting.

- APN NEWSDESK



M1 to be closed for hours as checkpoints come down

Premium Content M1 to be closed for hours as checkpoints come down

Border communities are facing fresh traffic disruption with news all northbound...

Why pine trees on The Coast Road are being removed

Premium Content Why pine trees on The Coast Road are being removed

Developer explains why some of the iconic trees are getting chopped

COVID RESTRICTIONS: Your guide to the latest changes

Premium Content COVID RESTRICTIONS: Your guide to the latest changes

Northern NSW Health boss praises community, but says we still need to be vigilant...