Mum's warning about phone chargers left around children

*WARNING: Graphic images*

A MUM has taken to social media to warn other parents about leaving phone chargers lying around the house after her daughter was badly burnt.

Courtney Davis's 19-month-old daughter suffered an electrical burn to the corner of her mouth after sucking a phone charger cord.

"We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it,'' Courtney wrote.

She shared photos of the progress of her daughter's burn, which looked to get worse in the days following the injury.

Miraculously, Courtney said her daughter hasn't acted like the injury bothers her. Source: Facebook.

Courtney explained that a busy day led to the cord slipping her mind.

"Any other day my charger wouldn't have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn't have time to move it.

Doctors were not able to give Courtney's daughter anything to help with the burn. Source: Facebook.
Doctors were not able to give Courtney's daughter anything to help with the burn. Source: Facebook.

"It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn't moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn.''

Courtney said she only discovered how little other parents thought about the dangers of mobile phone cords after she told her own story on a parent's forum.

"So I wasn't going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don't think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children,'' she wrote.

"Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.''

News Corp Australia


'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

Ballina residents say it's time to name and shame

Universal Medicine under the spotlight

Universal Medicine under the spotlight

Northern Rivers group responds to news of investigation

Pam's 42 years at popular Chinese restaurant

Pam's 42 years at popular Chinese restaurant

Lismore "gem” says it's finally time to retire

Local Partners