Menu
News

Mum fears toddler swallowed calculator battery

A TODDLER was rushed to Brisbane yesterday after swallowing what was thought to be a calculator battery.

The two-year-old boy was taken to Nambour General Hospital by his mother.

She said she believed he had swallowed one of the batteries, which can release acid.

The boy and his mother were airlifted from Nambour to the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane by the Sunshine Coast-based RACQ CareFlight Rescue Helicopter.

The boy was transported in a stable condition to Brisbane, an emergency services spokesman said.

The Seven Network reported the toddler underwent surgery at the Royal Children's Hospital late yesterday as a result of the incident.

Neither his name nor condition was available last night.

WHAT'S MAKING NEWS:

Topics:  hospital toddler



Missing swimmer on north coast, search underway

HAZARDOUS SURF: Surf lifesavers are pleading with the public to stay out of the water this weekend after one of the biggest rescue days occurred on Saturday and swimmer is still missing on the north coast.

Hazardous surf warning and one swimmer missing

Ute and truck smash on highway

CRASH RESCUE: At 2am on Sunday the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter was called out to a crash involving a ute colliding with a truck on the Pacific motorway near Brunswick Heads.

Pacific Highway blocked after ute and truck smash

Ferry return to service delayed

No Caption

Service will not resume as expected

Local Partners