Minister to bring range of programs
FAIR Trading Minister Anthony Roberts will visit Lismore next Wednesday as part of a week long program of activities by Fair Trading for the local community.
Mr Roberts said the Lismore Regional Access Program was his first as a new Minister and he was “delighted” at the prospect of visiting the Northern Rivers.
“Regional access programs bring Fair Trading into local communities en masse,” he said.
“There is a fantastic program of events for local people, from Monday 6 to Thursday 9 June.”
During the week, Fair Trading staff will be doing compliance checks, business inspections and promoting consumer services.
Among the events the Minister would attend was a “Revved Up” information session at Lismore High School.
Revved Up teaches young people about how best to invest in a car, what their rights are and who to go to for help when things go wrong.
Free public events for the week include:
- ABORIGINAL HOUSING TENANTS INFORMATION SESSION: 6 June: 10am - 1pm, TAFE NSW, Conway Street, Lismore
- INCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS SEMINARS: 7 June: 1-2.30pm and 5.30 -7pm, Lismore Workers Club, 225-231 Keen Street, Lismore (also 10-11.30am, Ballina RSL Club, 240 River Street, Ballina)
- REAL ESTATE AGENTS CPD SEMINAR: 8 June: 1.30-4pm, Foundation Room, Lismore City Hall, 1 Bounty Street, Lismore
- MOTOR VEHICLE REPAIRERS SEMINAR: 8 June: 5.30 -6.30pm, Lismore Workers Club, 225-231 Keen Street, Lismore
- MOTOR DEALERS SEMINAR: 8 June: 6.30 -7.30pm, Lismore Workers Club, 225-231 Keen Street, Lismore
- RETAIL TENANCY CPD SEMINAR: 9 June: 4-5.30pm, Lismore Workers Sports Club, 202 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah
- STRATA SCHEMES SEMINAR: 9 June 5.30-7pm, Lismore Workers Sports Club, 202 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah
- HOME BUILDING CPD SEMINAR: 9 June 5-8pm Lismore Workers Sports Club, 202 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah
Call the Fair Trading Information Centre on 13 36 79 and select option three to book into one of the sessions.