Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."



Cow causes slow-mooving Bruxner Hwy traffic

Cow causes slow-mooving Bruxner Hwy traffic

Traffic on the Bruxner Highway was impacted by an unruly cow

Why our pets are the best mind readers

Why our pets are the best mind readers

Genuine instances of clever mental behaviour in the animal world

'We don't want 200 houses on our sporting fields'

'We don't want 200 houses on our sporting fields'

Residents worried about plans to rezone land for affordable homes

Local Partners