Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



Organised crime to be targeted by new police squad

Organised crime to be targeted by new police squad

"Criminals are getting more sophisticated”

The great potato chip debate: What's your flavour?

premium_icon The great potato chip debate: What's your flavour?

One minute we had two choices. The next, there are eleventy million

Lismore woman's invention solves your handbag problem

premium_icon Lismore woman's invention solves your handbag problem

Already wildly popular in Asia, it will be launched here soon

Local Partners