Local events on today and tomorrow
1. Residents of Wardell and District are invited to attend the bi-monthly meeting of the Wardell and District Progress Association to be held in the Wardell and District War Memorial Hall, to start at 7pm. For further enquiries please contact Pat Carney on 6683 4360
2. Biggest Morning Tea 10am Wardell Community Centre. Please bring a plate to share and a gold coin donation ph 6683 4867 for details.
3. Sanctuary Northern Rivers ordinary board meeting 6.30pm Lismore Workers Club All members welcome.
4. Change Program in Byron /Mullumbimby area, designed for men who are experiencing the impact of significant change in their lives & relationships. For more information please contact Lismore Men & Family Centre ph 6622 6116.
5. Author Jane Meredith 5.30pm at the Lismore City Library, 110 Magellan St Lismore ph 6621 2464 for more information.
6. Northern Rivers Family Care Centre runs a Breastfeeding Café 11am to 1pm at the CWA Tea rooms in Spinks Park Lismore (behind the Fire Station) ph Caroline or Jeannee on 6622 8705.
7. Rainbow Region Boat Club 5pm Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6625 1180 or 0400 396573.
8. Codependants Anonymous (CODA) 12 step program meets 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre, Keen St, Lismore
9. GriefShare 7pm Christian Community Church 51 Deegan Drive Goonellabah ph 6624 3150 for more information.
10. Wardell Community Centre 9 Sinclair St, Wardell. Open 9am-4pm Ph:66834867
11. Lismore Gem Club workshop 9am to 12.30pm. Arts and Crafts Pavilion, Lismore Show Ground. Contact 66888280.
12. Compassionate Friends is a caring support group for any parent whose child has dies at any age 7.30pm Activities Centre rear of Baptist Church Uralba St Lismore ph 6621 4086 ah or 6621 5558.
13. Goonellabah Probus Club 10am Goonellabah Workers Sports Club Guest speaker Art Beavis- speaking on Healthy Lifestyle ph 6688 8364 for more information.
14. Casino Toastmasters 7pm R S L hall ph 6662 3841.
15. Ballina Carers Support Group 10.30am Harmony House 64 Treelands Cr Ballina ph 6628 6911.
16. RAAF Assoc Ballina Branch 11am R S L Club ph 6686 7994.
17. Lismore Alzheimer’s Ass Carers Support Group 10am Lismore Neighbourhood Centre ph 6623 3313 (Not Dec). ph 6624 2140 or 6624 6711.
18. Lower Clarence Art Group 10am Harwood hall ph 6646 2191 or 6646 2448 or 6646 9028.
1. How to stop Haemorrhaging Money Workshop. Northern Rivers Gambling Counselling Service is facilitating a workshop exploring risk management for anyone affected by someone else’s problem gambling. 10am to 12noon and 6pm to 8pm at the Lismore Uniting Church (upstairs) ph 6687 2520.
2. U3A Friday Forum 10am, Lismore Workers Sports Club. Topic: “Are any principle worth dying for?” Ph 6624 3022 for further information.
3. St Carthages Senior Day Care, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail Italian older people, ph 6620 0008 or 6625 2600.
4. Cash Housie, 7.30pm, Lismore City Bowling Club, Molesworth St. Proceeds to Westpac Rescue Helicopter, ph 6627 4444.
5. YWCA Community 4 Kids program, 2pm-3pm, a free playgroup for the Goonellabah community. ph 6625 6602.
6. Lactation Consultant 9am to 4pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre Dalley St Lismore ph 6622 8705.
7. Old Time , Modern and New Vogue Dance 7.30pm “Madhatter Theme” Val’s music, door prize as well as giveaways through out the night . There will be a raffle and a great supper. Door cost $8 adults, $2 for high school goers and other children free, South Gundarimbah hall ph 6629 0255 or 6629 0313.