Local events on today and tomorrow
1. St Carthages Senior Day Care, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail Italian older people, ph 6620 0008 or 6625 2600.
2. Highly esteemed Pianist Daniel de Borah is to perform Mozart, Chopin and Schumann at the Byron Bay Community Centre. 7.30pm. Having appeared in major venues and festivals in Australia, the UK, Russia and Europe, you can see Daniel de Borah on YouTUBE but , nothing compares to being there! Tickets Adults $30, conc. $25, students $15 available through B.B. Community Centre; La Boutique, River St, Ballina; Duck Creek Emporium; Alstonville Plaza; and Lismore Music Centre, Magellan St, Lismore. Further enquiries call 0429 185 361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Cash Housie, 7.30pm, Lismore City Bowling Club, Molesworth St. Proceeds to Westpac Rescue Helicopter, ph 6627 4444.
4. YWCA Community 4 Kids program, 2pm-3pm, a free playgroup for the Goonellabah community. ph 6625 6602.
5. Lactation Consultant 9am to 4pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre Dalley St Lismore ph 6622 8705.
6. Mullumbimby Hospital Auxiliary Hospital 2pm meeting room ph 6684 2263.
7. Numulgi Anzac Day Dance will be held at Numulgi Hall starting at 7:30 pm. Old Time and New Vogue dancing to a selection of Val’s favourites. There will be a great supper, prizes and a raffle with an $80 jackpot. Proceeds raised go to Numulgi Hall. Adults $8, High School Students $2, children FREE. All welcome, any enquiries call 6628 2255.
8. For Mums and babies in Evans Head who are having difficulties with feeding, unsettled behaviour and sleep, adjustment issues and postnatal distress 9am to 3pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre outreach service , Evans Head Community Centre .For referral see your GP or child and Family health nurse.
9. Community 4 Kids Playgroup 10.30am to 12.30pm Kalina Nursing Home Activities room, ph 6624 3311 or 6623 1602.
10. Northern Rivers Community Transport- Dunoon Access Shopping Bus runs today. $10 return. Also picks up Tullera, Modenville, The Channon, Numulgi, Woodlawn, Nth Lismore. Enq & bookings 66247070 or driver Graeme Manning 0448484995.
1. Lismore Richmond Rovers Soccer Club is holding their 50th Anniversary Reunion Dinner at the Lismore Workers Club-. A good night to reminisce on the good old days and plenty of dancing- ph Vicki on 6621 9175.
2. A combined Garage Sale/Car Wash and Sausage Sizzle will be held on the school grounds of Lismore Heights Public School, 195 High St Lismore. Proceeds raised go towards years 5/6 school excursion to Canberra so anyone who is interested in getting their car washed while looking for a bargain, please attend to help out this worthy cause! Any queries call Maya on 6624 3049, or 0417 017 448
3. Multi-faith and multi-cultural service with the returning of a Japanese Samurai sword from WW11 to Rev Watanabe, Japaneses Buddhist minister. 5pm Lismore Uniting Church c/n Keen and Woodlark Sts. Service followed by a light supper “Sushi and ANZAC biscuits” with discussion, ph 6688 6214 for more information.
4. Lismore Toy Library, 9.30-11am, Lismore Town Library Magellan St
5. Op Shop Goonellabah, 9am-midday, ph 6624 1799.
6. Battlers Boutique Op Shop, 69 Union St, South Lismore, 9am-midday; also Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. Proceeds to Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter
7. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 0482223275.
8. Lismore Gem Club Workshop 1pm to 4.30pm Arts & Craft Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
9. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334.
10. Community Garden workday 8am onwards. Bring water to drink and apiece of fruit to share ph 6620 1815.
11. Ulmarra -on - Clarence Markets Ulmarra showground ph 6642 6843.
12. Yowie Country Markets 8am to 4pm Woodenbong hall and grounds, ph 6635 1176, 6665 3350 or email@example.com
13. Thyroid Australia Support Group 1.30pm to 4pm (nsw time) at Tweed Bowls Club, Opal room. For more information ph 6672 6331.
Sunday (Anzac Day)
1. ANZAC DAY, 30 minutes after the official programme finishes (approximately midday) at Lismore Peace Park (Bob Cowley Memorial Park, c/n Ballina / Keen Sts, diagonally opposite City hall) Multi Faith and multi cultural service for peace, with the unveiling of a plaque at the tree planted last year. Wet weather venue: Fountain Room City Hall ph 6688 6214 for more information.
2. Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1.30pm, Richmond Hill Rd, Goonellabah. Transmitting and test equipment, Internet facilities, ph 6624 3838 or 6621 8342
3. Lismore City Library will now be opening on Sunday Afternoon between 1-4pm This is in addition to normal hours 9.30am to 5pm Mon to Wed, 9.30am to 7.30pm Thurs to Fri and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Info 66212464.
4. Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $4 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, ph 6662 1924.
5. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth , Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
6. Dragon Abreast Northern NSW 8am Lennox Head Sport & Recreation Centre ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
Monday (April 26)
1. Free Walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822
2. Overeaters Anonymous meets 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre Keen St, Lismore
3. Family Drug Support (F. D. S) 7pm to 9pm Guide hall Carlyle St Byron Bay (behind tennis courts) Non religious, open meetings for family members affected by drugs & alcohol. Open to anyone & providing opportunities to talk and listen to others in a non-judgmental, safe environment.ph 0427 857092 or 6680 3369.
4. Lismore Theatre Company social, play reading nights 6.30pm for a 7pm start at the Rochdale Theatre Ballina Rd Goonellabah ph 6622 5114 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
5. Ballina Climate Action Network (BCAN) 6pm Ballina Beach Resort, Shaws ph 6686 8887 or email:email@example.com