Local events on today and tomorrow
1. Northern Rivers Family Care Centre runs a Breastfeeding Café 11am to 1pm at the CWA Tea rooms in Spinks Park Lismore (behind the Fire Station) ph Caroline or Jeannee on 6622 8705.
2. Lismore Library is hosting a free Cane Toad Information and Awareness session at 5:30 pm, Lismore Library, Magellan St. This 45 min talk will help you with handy hints such as how to Cane Toad-proof your garden; identify between tad-poles or cane-poles; differentiate Cane Toads and native frogs by their calls, AND humane collection and disposal of the notorious Cane Toad. Presented by National Parks and Wildlife, this is a great opportunity for anyone interested in protecting our Native Fauna.
3. C.W.A Alstonville will be holding their stall in Alstonville Plaza from 9am til noon. Plenty of delicious cakes, jams, pickles, plants, books and handicrafts available for purchase. Further enquiries call 6628 5660
4. Air Rifle Shooting 7pm, Goonellabah RSL Table Tennis Centre, ph 6624 5153.
5. Rainbow Region Boat Club 5pm Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 222 3275.
6. Codependants Anonymous (CODA) 12 step program meets 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre, Keen St, Lismore
7. GriefShare 7pm Christian Community Church 51 Deegan Drive Goonellabah ph 6624 3150 for more information.
8. Wardell Community Centre 9 Sinclair St, Wardell. Open 9am-4pm Ph:66834867
9. Lismore Gem Club workshop 9am to 12.30pm. Arts and Crafts Pavilion, Lismore Show Ground. Contact 66888280.
10. Richmond River Philatelic Society 7.30pm Lismore & District Workers Club ph 6621 9311.
11. Alstonville Toastmasters 7pm Anglican Church hall Alstonville ph 6628 3626.
12. Brunswick Valley Communicators 7.30pm Anglican Family Centre, Ocean Shores ph 6684 3349.
13. International Training in Communication 7.30pm Pioneer hall Mullumbimby ph 6680 1511.
14. Parents in Pain Inc offers friendship, support & understanding to families who have a member affected by drug addiction . ph 6628 7949.
15. NR Gambling Service at Casino Family Support Service ph 6662 6792.
16. Bangalow Quilters St Kevin’s church hall Bangalow ph 6687 1453 or 6688 4324.
1. St Carthages Senior Day Care, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail Italian older people, ph 6620 0008 or 6625 2600.
2. Highly esteemed Pianist Daniel de Borah is to perform Mozart, Chopin and Schumann at the Byron Bay Community Centre. 7.30pm. Having appeared in major venues and festivals in Australia, the UK, Russia and Europe, you can see Daniel de Borah on YouTUBE but , nothing compares to being there! Tickets Adults $30, conc. $25, students $15 available through B.B. Community Centre; La Boutique, River St, Ballina; Duck Creek Emporium; Alstonville Plaza; and Lismore Music Centre, Magellan St, Lismore. Further enquiries call 0429 185 361 or email email@example.com
3. Cash Housie, 7.30pm, Lismore City Bowling Club, Molesworth St. Proceeds to Westpac Rescue Helicopter, ph 6627 4444.
4. YWCA Community 4 Kids program, 2pm-3pm, a free playgroup for the Goonellabah community. ph 6625 6602.
5. Lactation Consultant 9am to 4pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre Dalley St Lismore ph 6622 8705.
6. Mullumbimby Hospital Auxiliary Hospital 2pm meeting room ph 6684 2263.
7. Numulgi Anzac Day Dance will be held at Numulgi Hall starting at 7:30 pm. Old Time and New Vogue dancing to a selection of Val’s favourites. There will be a great supper, prizes and a raffle with an $80 jackpot. Proceeds raised go to Numulgi Hall. Adults $8, High School Students $2, children FREE. All welcome, any enquiries call 6628 2255.
8. For Mums and babies in Evans Head who are having difficulties with feeding, unsettled behaviour and sleep, adjustment issues and postnatal distress 9am to 3pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre outreach service , Evans Head Community Centre .For referral see your GP or child and Family health nurse.
9. Community 4 Kids Playgroup 10.30am to 12.30pm Kalina Nursing Home Activities room, ph 6624 3311 or 6623 1602.
10. Northern Rivers Community Transport- Dunoon Access Shopping Bus runs today. $10 return. Also picks up Tullera, Modenville, The Channon, Numulgi, Woodlawn, Nth Lismore. Enq & bookings 66247070 or driver Graeme Manning 0448484995.