1. Indoor Bowls 9am Tregeagle hall, morning tea provided. Bring own lunch, tea and coffee provided. Cost $3 proceeds to Tregeagle hall ph 6629 5250 or 6629 5214 for more information. New members welcome.
2. Carers Social Group 10am to 2pm, Pioneer hall Mullumbimby, Pick ups can be arranged, ph 042 7250407 or 6672 0900 for more information.
3. Carers NSW is running a free SMILES (simplifying Mental Illness and Life Enhancing Skills) program for children aged 8-12yrs. This course will be held to-day, tomorrow and Friday, presenting age appropriate information to children about mental illness plus providing a variety of coping skills for difficulties they may encounter. Places still available but be quick. For further enquiries contact Tamera on 6628 6416
4. Men - Leaving the Blues Behind is a twelve week group designed for men to help them pull through the effects of depression. The group is run three hours per week and explores the topics of physical health, diet, stress and anxiety, sleeping patterns and motivation. Meetings begin 6.15 pm at cost of ten dollars although this fee may be waivered for those in difficult circumstances For more information call the Men and Family Centre on 6622 6116.
5. Tea rooms and op shop, 9am-1.30pm, Simpsons Parade, Casino, morning teas and light lunches, ph 6661 7204; also Thursday & Friday.
6. Under-age PULSE function meeting, 5pm, Byron Bay Community Centre, under-age issues, interesting topics etc, ph Dee on 6685 5659.
7. Lismore Refuge Action Collective meeting, 5pm, Lismore Workers Club. Everybody welcome.
8. St Carthage’s Senior Day Club, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail older people, ph 6620 0008 (office) or 6625 2600.
9. Bangalow CWA meeting 10.15am in CWA rooms Bangalow ph 6687 1232.
10. Song Writing Workshop Wardell Community Access Space 9 Sinclair St Wardell ph 6683 4867 for more details.
11. Casino & District Family History Group meeting 10am, in room 5 School of Arts building Walker St Casino ph 6663 5291 or 6662 8114. Opening times: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Third Sunday 10am to 2pm. Wednesday 12pm to 4pm. Saturday 9am to 11.30am. First Monday 7pm to 9.30pm
12. Northern Rivers Vintage & Veteran Car Club 7.30pm Lismore Workers Club ph 6621 5767 or 6624 4667.
13. Brunswick AM Toastmasters 9.45am- noon Seventh-day Adventist Church hall cnr Shara Boulevarde and Bonool Circuit North Ocean Shores ph 6685 8024.
14. Richmond War Widows Ass 10.30am Ballina R S L Club ph 6686 4308 or 6686 8491.
15. Intra (Insyt Network Treatment Axis) Lismore Community Health Centre 31 Uralba St ph 6687 1111.
16. Off Our Rockers- support group for grandparents raising their children’s children 10.30am Lismore Workers Club ph 6635 1373 or 6689 0456.
17. Ballina Group of Breast Feeding Ass 10.30am Uniting Church hall 54 Cherry St ph 6628 5479.
18. Wardell Community Centre 9 Sinclair St, Wardell. Open 9am-4pm Ph:66834867
19. Free walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822
20. Alstonville Orchid Society Inc 7,30pm Uniting church hall, all welcome, ph 6624 2316.
1. Northern Rivers Family Care Centre runs a Breastfeeding Café 11am to 1pm at the CWA Tea rooms in Spinks Park Lismore (behind the Fire Station) ph Caroline or Jeannee on 6622 8705.
2. The Lismore Orchid Society Autumn Orchid Show will be held Thursday and Friday at Lismore Centro Shopping Centre during Centro trading hours, then on Saturday from 7am to 3pm. A delightful Orchid will be raffled; others will be for sale at reasonable prices, with experienced orchid growers on hand to give advice on choice of purchase and all other things Orchid! Entry free and open to the public, for further info call Ron on 6624 7422 or 0421 021 451
3. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
4. Codependants Anonymous (CODA) 12 step program meets every Thursday 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre, Keen St, Lismore
5. GriefShare 7pm Christian Community Church 51 Deegan Drive Goonellabah ph 6624 3150 for more information.
6. Lismore Sociable Lesbian Group, 5.30pm, ACON, every second Thursday of month, “theme evening’, ph 6622 1555.
7. Wardell Community Centre 9 Sinclair St, Wardell. Open 9am-4pm Ph:66834867
8. Rugrats Playgroup Ballina, 10am-midday, Uniting Church Hall, Cherry St, ph 6681 6413.
9. Lismore Library Storytime, 10.30am, phone 6621 2464.
10. Spiritsong 7.30pm North Ballina ph 6687 6657 or 6628 5660.
11.Table Tennis U3A 10am Lismore Workers Sports Club Table Tennis Centre ph 6624 5153.
12. Gem & Lapidary Club silversmithing and faceting Workshop from 9am to 12.30pm in the Arts & Crafts Pavilion, Lismore Showground. Info 6688 8280.
13. Compassionate Friends is a caring support group for any parent whose child has dies at any age 7.30pm Activities Centre rear of Baptist Church Uralba St Lismore ph 6621 4086 ah or 6621 5558.
14. Probus Club of Goonellabah 10am R S L Sports Club. Guest Speaker will be Hendrik de Vries who be speaking upon the subject of Islam. Enquiries via Marion Green on 02 6688 8364.
15. Casino Toastmasters 7pm R S L hall ph 6662 3841.
16. Ballina Carers Support Group 10.30am Harmony House 64 Treelands Cr Ballina ph 6628 6911.
17. RAAF Assoc Ballina Branch 11am R S L Club ph 6686 7994.
18. Lismore Alzheimer’s Ass Carers Support Group 10am Lismore Neighbourhood Centre ph 6623 3313 (Not Dec). ph 6624 2140 or 6624 6711.
19. Lower Clarence Art Group 10am Harwood hall ph 6646 2191 or 6646 2448 or 6646 9028.