Local events on today and tomorrow
1. U3A Northern Rivers Friday Forum 10am to 12noon Lismore Workers Sports Club Goonellabah Topic: Is civilisation down to testosterone? Peter Hill and Julie James. Visitors welcome. $1.50 tea/coffee, ph 6624 3022 for further information.
2. St Patrick’s Day Morning Tea held by the Casino Hospital Aux. At 10am in the St Mark’s Anglican Hall, Barker St Casino. Admission cost $6 includes entertainment and gift, raffles and trading table. Wear something green and come along for a Irish Melodies. Info 66623871/ 0427623871.
3. The Byron Lapidary Society Inc. Is having a street stall in Mullumbimby in Stuart St, on the cnr of Burringbar St. Beautiful Crystals, rocks, gems and quality jewellery made by club members are for sale. Look for the flags.
4. St Carthages Senior Day Care, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail Italian older people, ph 6620 0008 or 6625 2600.
5. Cash Housie, 7.30pm, Lismore City Bowling Club, Molesworth St. Proceeds to Westpac Rescue Helicopter, ph 6627 4444.
6. YWCA Community 4 Kids program, 2pm-3pm, a free playgroup for the Goonellabah community. ph 6625 6602.
7. Lactation Consultant 9am to 4pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre Dalley St Lismore ph 6622 8705.
8. St Patrick’s Day Dance and will seek to celebrate with green theme. There will be a range of prizes for those who dress in a St Patrick’s Day theme. Dance to Val’s music for old time, Modern, and New Vogue dances. Great supper will be served. Door cost $8 for adults, $2 high school goers and other children free , South Gundurimba hall ph 66290255or 6629 0313.
9. Spinners & Weavers & Dyers 10am McLean Ridges hall ph 6624 2025 or 6629 1510.
10. Carpet Bowls morning 10am to 12noon Tintenbar hall including morning tea, people from the whole district welcome, ph 6687 8033 for more information.
1. Inaugural Northern Rivers Dying & Death Forum 8.30am to 3.30pm Invercauld House, Invercauld Road Goonellabah. Speakers Dr Joanne Doran, palliative care physician .Judy Arpana, grief and loss counselor & educator . Jennifer Lalor, a carer sharing her personal experience. Zenith Virago, founder of the Natural Death Centre . Kate Stirling, palliative care nurse specialising in Advance Care Planning. Cost $60, concession $40, includes GST, morning tea and lunch. For more information ph Kate or Janet on 6622 4453.
2. 50/50 Dance & Social evening 8pm at the Goolmangar hall Nimbin Road Goolmangar. Music provided by CHECK 2, Col, Lyn and Doug. Free supper provided by the Goolmangar ladies (lots of sponges and tarts) Only $10 each at door. Lots of novelties. Proceeds to the Goolmangar Hall Building Fund. Ph 6689 9222 or 6629 3219.
3. Lismore Toy Library, 9.30-11am, Lismore Town Library Magellan St
4. Op Shop Goonellabah, 9am-midday, ph 6624 1799.
5. Battlers Boutique Op Shop, 69 Union St, South Lismore, 9am-midday; also Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. Proceeds to Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter
6. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 0482223275.
7. Lismore Gem Club Workshop 1pm to 4.30pm Arts & Craft Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
8. Lismore Art Club 9am to 3pm Wilson Park Special School Wyrallah Road cost $5 per head. For a list of what you need to bring ph 6625 1032 or 6683 2155.
9. Brunswick Valley Historical Society Market Day 9am to noon cnr Myocum & Stuart Sts Mullumbimby ph 6688 4356.
10. The City of Lismore RSL Sub branch 0945 hrs Lismore Workers Club,Keen St Lismore. RSL Ladies Auxiliary 0945 hour Lismore Workers Club Keen St Lismore ph 6621 3851.
11. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334.
Sunday, March 21
1. Alstonville Plateau Historical Society monthly meeting 2pm in the RSL hall Bugden Ave, Alstonville. Guest speaker Nat from Nat’s Coffee who will talk about local coffee and how it compares to the imported product. Coffee donated by local growers will be provided. Visitors welcome
2. Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1.30pm, Richmond Hill Rd, Goonellabah. Transmitting and test equipment, Internet facilities, ph 6624 3838 or 6621 8342
3. Lismore City Library will now be opening on Sunday Afternoon between 1-4pm This is in addition to normal hours 9.30am to 5pm Mon to Wed, 9.30am to 7.30pm Thurs to Fri and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Info 66212464.
4. Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $4 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, ph 6662 1924.
5. Pottsville Markets ph 6685 7010
6. Northern Rivers Model Railroaders Run Day 10am to 3pm c/n McLean Ridges Rd & Bruxner Highway Wollongbar ph 6624 7463.
7. Lismore Jazz Club Lismore City Bowling Club ph 6622 5912.
8. Fellowship Of First Fleeters reminding descendants & friends of people who came to Australia on the First Fleet meet at 11.30am 16 Atlas St Lismore, BBQ supplied at a cost of $8 ph 6621 3650 All welcome.
9. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth , Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
10. Dragon Abreast Northern NSW 8am Lennox Head Sport & Recreation Centre ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
Monday, March 22
1. Footprints of Peace – Local supporters will be hosting an event 2pm at the Sound Shell in Brunswick Heads with music, dance, poetry, speakers and a discussion circle to talk about ways the shire can build a sustainable and peaceful future, as well as hear stories from women who are walking to Canberra, ph 0438639984 or 040124732 for more information.
2. U3A Computer User Group 10am to 12noon Lismore Workers Club Topic: Graphic tablets and E-Book readers. Visitors welcome, ph 6628 1348 or 6621 4619 for further information.
3. Get Skilled at Lismore Campus. Are you retired but Restless? Would you like to become involved with mentoring young people in the community? You may be interested in joining the Golden Gurus Youth Mentoring Program. If you are over 60 years old and a retired tradesperson or skilled worker, Lismore Campus is running a FREE course in Volunteer Mentoring designed especially for working with young people. You will be trained in mentoring and coaching skills, working with young people, communications skills with computing skills including internet, emails and using digital technology. Information Session will be held at Lismore Campus today at 10am in room AG 10. For further information ph 6623 0281.
4. Ikebana International Lismore Chapter No 32 Celebration of the 5o years of Ikebana, the art of Japanese flowers arrangement. “A Touch Of Gold” A special exhibition by Lismore Chapter members demonstration presented by Sensei Yoshiro Umemura, at Lismore Workers Club Exhibition opens 10am: Demonstration 11am: Luncheon 1pm Cost $40. For bookings ph 6689 5284, 6624 2548, or 6628 0134.
5. Northern Rivers K9 Sports Club (formerly known as Lismore District Kennel Club Obedience & Agility) is running an 8 week Obedience Beginners course. Learn from experienced , qualified instructors, 6pm Clifford Park, Cassia Crescent Goonellabah. A current Vaccination Certificate for your dog is required. Please contact Deb Muir 0414878079 for more information.
6. OUT OF THE BLUES Are you a woman and feel you’ve got the blues and don’t know how to get out of them? Women’s Health Matters and Lismore & District Women’s Health Centre is running OUT OF THE BLUES workshop that provides an opportunity to learn skills to manage moods creatively. Where? Family Centre, Market St Lismore (ex RSL Cub) When: today, 10.30am to 1pm. Book to ensure a place 6620 2999 (Mon-Wed).
7. Young Mum’s Group. BDC SA and the Bunjum Aboriginal Co operative FREE Young Mum’s group. It is for young mum’s aged between 16 and 24 years old who would like some advise and support with raising their children. The group will run from 10am to noon at the Youth Activities Centre , 32 Swift St Ballina. Morning tea will be provided and we can pick up and drop off Mum’s needed. There will be opportunities for guest speakers to talk about various Topics such as breastfeeding, budgeting, maintaining healthy lifestyle and self care. There will also be games and toys for the kids and an opportunity to socialize and do activities with other young Mum’s. To register, please call Liz on 6681 5511.
8. Free Walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822
9. CWA Rooms Lismore open Monday to Friday, 9am-2pm, for light refreshments.
10. Table Tennis, 7pm, Lismore Workers Sports Club Table Tennis Centre, ph 6624 5153.
11. Ballina RSL Women’s Bowling Club mixed (mufti day), commencing 9.30am.
12. Overeaters Anonymous meets 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre Keen St, Lismore
13. Relationship Communication for Women 10am to 11.30am meeting room Bangalow Psychology 20 Byron St Bangalow ph 6684 4299 or 6687 1164.
14. Ocean Shores Urban Association 7.30pm Ocean Shores Community Centre.
15. Ballina C W A Crazy Whist 9am River St. ph 6686 4652
16. Family Drug Support (F. D. S) 7pm to 9pm Guide hall Carlyle St Byron Bay (behind tennis courts) Non religious, open meetings for family members affected by drugs & alcohol. Open to anyone & providing opportunities to talk and listen to others in a non-judgmental, safe environment.ph 0427 857092 or 6680 3369.
17. Lismore Theatre Company social, play reading nights 6.30pm for a 7pm start at the Rochdale Theatre Ballina Rd Goonellabah ph 6622 5114 or email: email@example.com for more info
18. Ballina Climate Action Network (BCAN) 6pm Ballina Beach Resort, Shaws ph 6686 8887 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
IF you have an event you wish to publish on our website, email: email@example.com