Check out Lismore events for our biggest weekend
LISMORE's biggest weekend of the year is on and here are some not-to-be-missed events:
1. Norpa's Home Project: Norpa's Home Project is off to the Prague Quadrennial of Design and Space (June 18 - 28) where it will be presented to an international audience. To celebrate, a free event will be held today where Norpa will project the same audiovisual installation created by Bronwyn Purvis and Karla Dickens, on the exterior of the Lismore City Hall, 6pm - 8pm.
2. Lantern Parade: This is the 21st anniversary of the parade, bringing light to the heart of the city. At the Lismore CBD on Saturday. Activities start at 10am. Free parade starts at 5.30pm. Fiery Finale from 6.30pm at the Oakes Oval. For details visit http://www.lanternparade.com.
3. Women like us: Stand up comedians Mandy Nolan and Ellen Briggs join forces in Women Like Us to deliver two hours of rapid fire, sharp stand-up comedy for audiences who love their humour straight from the lip. At the Star Court Theatre tomorrow from 8pm. $27.20.
4. Delicious: This event will mark the fifth anniversary of Delicious parties at the Lismore Bowlo with guest DJ Si Clone, who will join Craig Wilson, aka 1iSamurai. At the Lismore Bowlo today from 9pm. $15.
5. Car Boot Market: More than 200 stalls of all kinds gather together in the heart of the region's diversity, creativity and bounty. At Lismore Shopping Square, Uralba St, from 7.30am - 2pm. Free Event.
6. Stocktake Sale: Grab a bargain at Lismore this weekend as the city offers discounts in all types of products and services. All shops in the Lismore CBD, Lismore Shopping Square and Limore Centro will be open all weekend. For details visit http://www.cometotheheart.com.au.