Inside wedding that saw bride fined
A bride and her family have been fined for breaching strict stay at home orders to hold a wedding in Sydney's CBD as images surfaced of the newlyweds celebrating their big day.
Bride Diana Falasca is among 21 people who have been fined for breaching coronavirus restrictions by leaving the northern beaches and venturing to Pyrmont venue, Doltone House.
The bride, from Beacon Hill, copped a $1000 fine following a tip-off to police.
Several members of Ms Falasca's family and bridal party were also fined, but groom Mark Bonifacio did not violate any health rules and has not been fined.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian slammed the "brazen" breach of COVID-19 restrictions by the group from the northern beaches.
"That is the type of behaviour that risks it for everybody," Ms Berejiklian said.
"All of us are shaking our heads, absolutely aghast that, that occurred."
New images show the couple arriving to meet their guests at the venue, dancing in the door with their hands in the air.
Other photographs from the event show guests crowding around the wedding table to celebrate with the bride and groom.
Family members told Nine News the pair had already been forced to cancel their wedding twice, and any further cancellations would have cost "tens of thousands of dollars".
Police Minister David Elliott also condemned the couple's actions as "a bastard act" and said he had no sympathy.
"You have been living in an area where there has been a cluster, putting the rest of the city in jeopardy," he told breakfast television earlier in the week.
"You are certainly putting the health and safety of your fellow man at risk because you are attending a wedding."
Other images and footage taken by a resident nearby show at least 40 wedding guests hanging out at an outdoor area the event space at Jones Bay Wharf.
Guests who were issued penalty infringement notices included a man and a woman, both aged 43, from Allambie Heights, a 27-year-old man from Frenchs Forest, and five people aged between 19 and 63 from Beacon Hill.
Another three people - a man and a woman in their 30s from Frenchs Forest, and a 26-year-old man from Beacon Hill - were fined as well.
A further nine fines were issued on Wednesday including to three men, aged 31, 41 and 75, and two women, aged 42 and 71, from Narraweena, a 32-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman from Collaroy Plateau, and a 36-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman from Frenchs Forest.
There are a few exceptions for leaving the northern beaches but attending a wedding is not one of them.
Doltone House released a statement on Tuesday, claiming all guests had signed into the venue via the Service NSW QR code.
"Had Doltone House been advised any person attending the wedding was doing so in breach of government restrictions, then it would have taken all necessary steps to protect the health and safety of its guests and the broader community," the statement read.
Originally published as Inside wedding that saw bride fined