Increased threat warning never made it to murdered diggers

Secret orders circulated by the headquarters of the US-led military coalition in Afghanistan were not passed on to Australian soldiers before three diggers were killed in an insider attack in August 2012.  

The orders warned of the heightened threat of green-on-blue attacks, and gave orders for "immediate force protection enhancement".  

The three diggers who died - Private Robbie Poate, Lance Corporal 'Rick' Milosevic, and Sapper James Martin - were gunned down by one of the Afghan soldiers they had been helping to train.  

An inquest into their deaths ended in Queensland on Friday.  

The three soldiers were part of a 24-man platoon which was sent to a remote outlying base, Patrol Base Wahab, deep in the Taliban stronghold of Darafshan.  

Read more at ABC News



Can you afford to rent on the Northern Rivers?

premium_icon Can you afford to rent on the Northern Rivers?

Renting in some Northern Rivers towns now unaffordable

Priest had sexual 'predilection' for boys, court told

premium_icon Priest had sexual 'predilection' for boys, court told

Catholic priest has denied all charges

Preschoolers sing for rain to come

premium_icon Preschoolers sing for rain to come

Bentley preschoolers sing their very own rain song.

Local Partners