"I want blood tonight"

A MAN who went on a drunken rampage through Toogoolawah will be under supervision for the next two years.

Motu Anderson, 28, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning bodily harm, two counts of common assault, going armed to cause fear, threatening violence and wilful damage.

The court heard Anderson threatened to damage the Club Hotel, punched a woman in the stomach, threatened two men with a pocket knife, damaged a fire hydrant marker and screamed "I want blood tonight".

Anderson appeared in custody, having already served 28 days behind bars.

On the evening of Wednesday, May 1 after drinking heavily, Anderson attempted to get into the Club Hotel in Toogoolawah.

He had previously been banned from the premises and when he was told he still wasn't welcome he began swearing at the manager before threatening to "smash up" the pub.

While still highly intoxicated he left the hotel where he encountered a man and a woman leaving an SES meeting.

The court heard Anderson approached them after hearing one of them had bad-mouthed a friend of his.

He made a comment towards the woman before the man confronted Anderson about what he had said.

The woman then moved between the two to try to stop a fight taking place between them.

Anderson shoved her and punched her in the stomach.

He then pulled out a pocket knife and threatened the man, who

flagged down his father who was driving past, also after leaving the SES meeting.

Anderson also threatened him with the knife and screamed "I want blood tonight".

The scene was witnessed by a number of residents in the town who said they were terrified by his actions.

Anderson fled the scene and was later found by police with a metal fire hydrant marker he had removed.

He refused to co-operate with police and had to be threatened with tasers. He remained so intoxicated he couldn't take part in a police interview and had to be admitted to hospital.

The court heard Anderson had admitted he had an alcohol problem and was taking action.

Magistrate Virginia Sturgess said he was lucky he didn't have a history of violence but said his offending was increasing.

"Your criminal history shows an escalation in recent years," she said.

"You were in the Toogoolawah court just two days before this incident."

Anderson was sentenced to 28 days in prison, declared already served, and was placed on a two-year probation order.

Man charged with camp kitchen assault

premium_icon Man charged with camp kitchen assault

62-year-old man punched in the face at a Byron Bay caravan park

Rising songster hopes to fast track to SCU

premium_icon Rising songster hopes to fast track to SCU

Jade Stoddart is ready to pursue her passion

320 crazy drivers raise a million for cancer

premium_icon 320 crazy drivers raise a million for cancer

Mystery Box Rally 2019 takes fundraisers on an outback adventure