How much the newest shark deterrent technology will cost
THE newest shark deterrent product by Ocean Guardian, BOAT01, will set you back $3,499.
Designed specifically for boating, it was officially launched yesterday at the Sydney International Boat Show.
The new product has been developed for boat owners that want peace of mind when swimming off the back of their boat.
The BOAT01 is powered by Shark Shield® Technology, nabbed as "the world's only scientifically proven and independently tested shark deterrent technology".
Ocean Guardian CEO, Lindsay Lyon, said with the new technology "boat owners and their guests can have the confidence to enjoy the ocean anytime, anywhere".
"With multiple BOAT01's you can create a 'virtual net' which provides a large, powerful protective swimming area," Mr Lyon said.
"Imagine swimming off the back of your boat with the family knowing that everyone is protected by proven shark deterrent technology.
"Ocean Guardian's shark deterrent systems aren't just designed to protect you, but also the ocean - eliminating the need for shark nets, drums lines and needless shark culls. Best of all, it doesn't harm the shark either."
Ocean Guardian BOAT01 Key Features:
- Powered by proven Shark Shield Technology
- Deploy off any vessel, private jetty or pontoon
- Daisy chain up to four devices together to build a "virtual net"
- Provides a large and powerful protective safe swimming area up to 8 metres deep and 6 metres wide
- Lithium battery providing 10-12 hours operation with standard 12V/24V DC power or optional 110V/240V AC
- Stainless steel threaded dive flag holder standard
- Available in two colours, safety buoy yellow and luxury silver grey
The new Ocean Guardian BOAT01 is available now at www.ocean-guardian.com for RRP $3,499.